Elgin, IL
Kimberli specializes in newborn, child & family photography in Elgin, Illinois and the surrounding suburbs of Chicago. Call 630.709.2559 or email photographybykimberli@gmail.com for more information on your custom portrait session.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Art & My Sister's Art...

Every member of my immediate family is an artist... Dad once drew an amazing picture of my mom with charcoals. It was so life-like that you'd think it was a photograph. AMAZING. Mom is a painter. She is one of the few people I know personally who can paint with any type of paint. I always thought watercolors were a child's toy, but my mom can actually paint with them - for real.

My siblings? Both brothers can draw a motorcycle to scale - complete with every part, pipe, switch and gleam of metal. Or they love to draw a mean skull. Basically they can draw minute detail... and both have, at times, been known to tattoo themselves or others... My youngest sister never fully developed her artistic ability, but was actually leaning toward poetry as a teenager.

So, that leaves my older sister and myself. I love to draw, but am I good? I don't know...for now I'll stick with my photography. My sister draws, paints, sculpts, etc... but give her some card stock, some ric rac and a stamp and its amazing. So, she did the invitations for my recent baby shower, as well as the decor, favors, etc.

Anyway, today I'm sharing my photographs of HER art... enjoy!

Cake pops made by my sister... sheet cake, crumbled up and mixed with frosting, then dipped in candy coating. Heaven!!! And SUPER CUTE, made to look like a baby rattle!

Hershey's miniature candy bars, just rewrapped by my sister. Cute!!

The favors... bags & labels handmade by Samara!


Samara's first attempt at a diaper cake! Can you believe she'd never done it before?!

1 comment:

  1. You're making me cry!

    Thank you. I think the best thing about any talent I have is that I can use it to bless someone else.

    I'm so glad you enjoyed it all!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete