Elgin, IL
Kimberli specializes in newborn, child & family photography in Elgin, Illinois and the surrounding suburbs of Chicago. Call 630.709.2559 or email photographybykimberli@gmail.com for more information on your custom portrait session.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Now I understand...


The 50mm lens my husband bought me IS nifty... the name makes sense to me now. I was in a weepy mood last night, so he thought he'd surprise me with part of my birthday gift. I opened up a lens filter...that didn't fit my lens! I politely said, "um... thanks!" Then, he gave me my new lens. Aha! I was very pleased. Didn't have the energy to play with it, but I took a few shots of my Bug, who was posing for me as usual.

Hubby was perplexed as to why he couldn't zoom in with the lens. Um, honey, its NOT a zoom lens! Which is why I usually don't let him touch my camera!!!! Anyway, here are a couple I took with the new lens... I think 50 and I will be having some fun! Can't wait to play around with it!!!

Looks like I still need to work on the color/exposure settings on my monitor. I'm adjusting the lighting a bit too much. Takes a lot of trial and error, but we'll get there!

In other news, I'm still waiting on news from Essence Photography and its time to give Bella Baby a call again. She told me she was impressed with my persistence in calling her... well, baby, be prepared to be impressed! I will call until you tell me not to.
I WANT THAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Conrats on the new lens, Kim!! It sure is nifty, and you're going to learn so much using it!! And good luck with the job, I have my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete