Elgin, IL
Kimberli specializes in newborn, child & family photography in Elgin, Illinois and the surrounding suburbs of Chicago. Call 630.709.2559 or email photographybykimberli@gmail.com for more information on your custom portrait session.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

A trip down Memory Lane


This past week, my family spent some time in Northeast Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. That's where I grew up, so we visit each fall for fishing, apple picking, and of course, to visit family.

Although the weather had turned much colder this week, we were able to spend a good amount of time outdoors, so I had many photo opportunities. I could go on and on about how beautiful it is up there this time of year, but I'm exhausted and still recovering from my "vacation," so I'm just gonna post the pics. Enjoy.

My Dad used to sit in this tree, which was just 20 yards from our front door (the house has since been knocked down) to bowhunt for deer. As a child, I thought this tree was massive... although it now seems much smaller, its as beautiful as I remembered.


This was the view from the backside of our house. Can you imagine looking at this every day? Beautiful...


This was the view from our hotel in Menominee, Michigan. Looking eastward over the bay (Green Bay), you just barely see the shoreline of Door County out beneath the clouds.


On Wednesday morning, there was a ship returning to dock in Marinette, WI. To the right, between the trees, you can just see the lighthouse on the pier.


Standing at the end of my childhood driveway...although back then, it wasn't paved! We had to walk this road every morning and every night to reach the school bus. And sometimes on Sundays when grandma's car couldn't make it through the mud to pick us up for church!


It was so much fun watching my daughters play in the fields where I played as a girl! Definitely not prissy "city-girls", these two!


And finally, some pictures from our trip to Hillside Apple Orchard in Casco, WI.

No comments:

Post a Comment